Why We're Here

Our admission counselors are here to share with you the world of Miami admission. Learn a little about us and the process, plus all the fun and excitement happening on and off campus this year.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A lil more summertime...

Anyone else suffering from a little humidity? Gotta love Ohio summers!

Brian just blogged about being a SOUL during summer orientation. While I was a student here, I spent 2 summers being a SOUL and had an incredible time. Not only did I get to hang out in Oxford during the summers, but I got the chance to welcome the first year class to campus. I was also a tour guide as an undergrad and my experience came full circle when one the students who I gave a tour to showed up 4 months later for orientation! My favorite part of summer orientation was singing the fight song every night and also dancing at the student socials.

I also took a summer class. There are a lot of students who will stay for some part of the summer to take classes--it's a great way to get ahead (or catch up) on class credit. Miami offers 4 summer sessions with plenty of options for classes.

Summers are great in Oxford. The pace is a little slower, but there’s always something going on. Be it a concert, the farmer’s market, or just hanging out in Uptown Park, you’re guaranteed a good time. Come visit us and see for yourself!

No comments: