Why We're Here

Our admission counselors are here to share with you the world of Miami admission. Learn a little about us and the process, plus all the fun and excitement happening on and off campus this year.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back from the North

Greetings!

I’m Meredith—another one of Miami’s Admission Counselors. I just returned from spending a little over a week in Northeast Ohio. I enjoy travel season because I get to travel in my hometown of Akron, Ohio. In addition to visiting high schools and participating in college fairs, I had the chance to visit my alma mater as well as to stop by my mom’s 4th grade class to talk to them about college. I also travel to Canton, Youngstown, and Pittsburgh.

I’m back on campus for a few days before heading out next week for Pittsburgh. This is my favorite time of the year in Oxford. The leaves are changing and the campus is beautiful! We’d love to have you visit and you can register online at www.muohio.edu/visit.

There is lots going on around Oxford this weekend. One of our sororities is hosting a philanthropy, “Strike Out Arthritis” featuring a softball tournament to benefit the Arthritis Foundation. The Hockey team is gearing up for their game against Ohio State on Saturday. There is also a Hike-a-Thon on Saturday. There’s always something going on at Miami!

I hope you all enjoy the upcoming weekend! If you live in the Pittsburgh area, I might see you next week!

No comments: