Why We're Here

Our admission counselors are here to share with you the world of Miami admission. Learn a little about us and the process, plus all the fun and excitement happening on and off campus this year.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Few Questions with a New RedHawk




Hello Everyone! Summer is moving quickly and it’s almost time for rising high school seniors, class of 2012, to begin their college application journey. I thought now would be a good time to get some insight from a new RedHawk on the application process and what he likes about Miami. Enjoy!



Meet Kendall, an incoming first-year student-athlete from Columbus, OH. Kendall will be playing baseball at Miami. Here’s what he had to say:


1) Why did you choose Miami?

I chose Miami because I felt very comfortable as I came on my visits. Being a baseball player, that had some say in my decision as well. The major factor was how I felt when I arrived on campus; it felt like somewhere I wanted to be.


2) What are you most looking forward to?

I am most looking forward to meeting new friends during my first year. I'm curious to see how well I'll make the transition from high school to college as well.


3) What are you most nervous about?

I am most nervous about time management. I have heard from others how it is the key to success in college and I hope can learn to manage my time well.


4) What was the hardest part of the college application process?

Personally, the hardest part of the college application process was making sure I had all the requirements (recommendations, SAT/ ACT scores, etc.) all in order and all present to ship out to each college.


5) Do you have any advice for students that are preparing to apply to college this fall?

Don't let anyone tell you there's somewhere you can't go. If you want to get away, do it. Take the time to go visit and apply to the school. If you don’t get in, so what. At least you made them say no whereas you never know what would happen if you didn’t even apply. Also, don't stress!




No comments: