Why We're Here

Our admission counselors are here to share with you the world of Miami admission. Learn a little about us and the process, plus all the fun and excitement happening on and off campus this year.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Miami: My Two Worlds

Miami University is a great college choice, and it’s also a great place to work. I’ve done both! I graduated from Miami in 2009 with the bicentennial class, and I had the opportunity to join the admission staff shortly after graduating. I was excited to spend an extra year at my home away from home, and it’s been a wonderful experience seeing Miami in two very different ways. When I was a student, I would get up and head to class or begin studying. Instead of throwing on something casual, I had to get used to dressing up a little more and head to the office after grabbing a bowl of Special K. I’m still on Miami’s campus, but it is a much different atmosphere in the professional world since campus is no longer my home. Throughout this past year, I’ve made a lot of connections with parents, students, guidance counselors, and colleagues, and I have also enjoyed doing some travel for the university. Choosing the right college is certainly not an easy process, and I have enjoyed helping students find the right fit. My time at Miami is now drawing to a close as I am preparing to move away for graduate school, but I want to give a shout out and welcome the incoming freshman class. I also wish everyone the best of luck finding the right college!

No comments: