Why We're Here

Our admission counselors are here to share with you the world of Miami admission. Learn a little about us and the process, plus all the fun and excitement happening on and off campus this year.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Who am I?

Hello bloggers!

Happy Monday everyone! My name is Diana Burbante and I’m currently an Admission Counselor. Still fairly new, I began my position on January 2, 2008 and recruit students, such as you, from southwest Ohio (except Hamilton & Clermont counties) and the great state of Texas. Why so great you may ask? Well, I was born and raised in south Texas, which is also known as “El Valle” or “Rio Grande Valley” (for those who need a translation) and my family still lives there. I carpool as well with two other bloggers whom you’ll hear from later, Meredith and Liz. Outside of work, I enjoy playing fetch with Buddy, my 1yr old Beagle/Schnauzer mix (pictured below), traveling to Texas to visit my family, and hanging out with my friends.


Right now I’m getting ready to get on the road in a Miami car, which can vary at times. I can get one of three types of sedan’s: a brand new Impala (where I can plug in my iPod and listen to my own playlist), an older Taurus (where I have a cassette, yes I said cassette, adaptor to plug in my iPod as well) or our newer Honda hybrid (which I know I’m not getting because one of our other staff members has the only one in her travels through Akron, OH). Well, I’m off to finish getting ready for the College Prep Night in Dayton, Ohio’s Fifth Third Field. I will definitely let you know later how it went.

No comments: