Why We're Here

Our admission counselors are here to share with you the world of Miami admission. Learn a little about us and the process, plus all the fun and excitement happening on and off campus this year.

Friday, November 19, 2010

New Counselor in the Office!

Hello Everyone! My name is Lauren and I am the newest counselor in the office. I am very excited to be back at Miami, I graduated in May 2010, and I cannot wait to help you with your college search process. I am the designated counselor for Minnesota, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina. I love my territory because I have a connection to all of those states, except Tennessee (I cannot wait to visit so I can change that). My mother’s family is from South Carolina, my father’s family is from North Carolina, I have an uncle that currently lives in Kentucky, and my best friend from college is from Minnesota.

Currently the office is very busy because we are in the middle of our application deadlines for the entering fall of 2011 class. Our next deadline is December 1st, which is designated “Early Action”. This is a non-binding deadline and the great part about it is that you will find out your decision on February 1st. The majority of our applicants every year choose this deadline because of the earlier notification date, but please note that we also have a regular decision deadline of February 1st which is ideal for students who are taking standardized tests for the first time in December or are waiting for an updated transcript. When I applied to Miami, I applied during the Early Action deadline. I loved knowing where I was going to school at the beginning of February, versus my friends who were still waiting for decisions.

If you have any questions feel free to call the office or contact the counselor designated for your area. All of our contact information can be found at
www.muohio.edu/askacounselor.

Happy Application Season!

No comments: