Why We're Here

Our admission counselors are here to share with you the world of Miami admission. Learn a little about us and the process, plus all the fun and excitement happening on and off campus this year.

Friday, October 22, 2010

The Staff Keeps Growing!

My name is Raegan and I’m a new Admission Counselor here at Miami University. I moved to Oxford after living out my dream of going to Alaska. After four exciting years in the Last Frontier, it was time to return home. I’m originally from Ohio and have always had great respect for Miami. I have a background in both college admissions and television news. This job is a natural fit for many reasons, but namely because my college search process was so positive. It was a process that inundated my family for more than a year. Weekends & vacations were spent visiting colleges, taking tours and meeting with academic department heads. I was also fortunate enough to do several overnight visits. It’s a daunting process, but also a fun process if you allow it to be. Here at Miami, I am the territory manager for Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania. I look forward to meeting students from those regions during my upcoming travel.

If you haven’t had a chance to visit us here in Oxford, rest assured that this is a great, vibrant community where something is always going on. I’ve lived in Oxford for a month now and it already feels like home! When I’m not at work, you’ll most likely find me taking pictures, running or hiking with my golden retriever Ezra on one of the many trails around campus. There are miles and miles of nature trails surrounding the campus—Four Mile Creek is a personal favorite, especially at sunset. I’m also a big fan of both our Farmer’s Markets here in town—the vendors are some of the nicest people on the planet. Seriously.

Please know that you can always contact me if you have questions about admissions or you just need some advice about finding a college that’s a good fit (raegan.butler@muohio.edu) . You hear counselors say that all the time, but it really does matter. The best college in the world can also be the worst if it’s not where you are suppose to be. Have a little faith. Ask questions. Learn to enjoy life’s process as well as its rewards.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was a very enjoyable blog, especially when your a young man who grew up in the city. I wan't to know more about the trails around miami university and also about the training oppurtunities on being able to hike or camp.