Why We're Here

Our admission counselors are here to share with you the world of Miami admission. Learn a little about us and the process, plus all the fun and excitement happening on and off campus this year.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Blogger Alert!

Good afternoon readers!

You may have noticed an unfamiliar name in the “Bloggers” list, thanks to me! My name is Mandy Hart and I am a new Admissions Counselor here at Miami University. I just graduated from Miami with my Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, during which time I worked here in the Office of Admission. Talk about an easy transition! Many of my friends from my home state of Florida thought that returning to Miami meant coming closer to home, but I love the original Miami and our community in Oxford, Ohio so much that I couldn’t stay away.

One of my favorite things about Oxford in the summer is our Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park, located right in the heart of Uptown Oxford. Oxford hosts live music every Thursday night in the summer months for local residents to enjoy free of charge. In fact, on July 16th and August 6th, the Office of Admission will be offering “Tours and Tunes” for prospective students to take a tour of campus and enjoy a concert in the park immediately after. Visit http://www.miami.muohio.edu/admission/tours_tunes/ to register!

Look forward to many more postings from me in the future!
Mandy

No comments: