Why We're Here

Our admission counselors are here to share with you the world of Miami admission. Learn a little about us and the process, plus all the fun and excitement happening on and off campus this year.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hi Everyone!

I am Natalie Pensyl, the newest blogger for the Office of Admission at Miami University. I recently graduated from Miami with a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and History. I am currently in the process of applying to graduate schools, but in the interim, I am interning in the admission office. Though most of my duties are not counselor related (I don't read the applications), I assist the office anyway I can (which usually means a lot of filing).

I had a fantastic time during my three and a half years at Miami. I was able to pick from the over 300 student organizations offered. During my time as a student, I played an intramural sport (broomball), helped in community service projects, became involved in Greek Life and was able to interact with hundreds of perspective and incoming students through MUSA (Miami University Student Ambassadors). There are limitless opportunities for students, and an organization for any interest.

I was an out-0f-state student, graduating from high school in South Bend, Indiana. I still like to visit there, but Miami and Oxford have become my true home. Besides the beautiful campus, the small-town feel of Oxford makes Saturday afternoon walks around historic uptown absolutely wonderful. I honestly cannot say enough positive things about my experience at Miami and am happier than words can express that I can continue to live in Oxford post-graduation while helping at the Office of Admission.

If you ever have any questions about being a student here, just let me know! I love to talk about Miami!

No comments: